For dental problems, use Metrogil Dent. And how to use it - find out from the article.
One of the most common antimicrobial drugs that resist certain diseases of the oral cavity is Metrogil Dent.
The composition of the gel Metrogil Dent
The drug consists of two components that provide a therapeutic effect.
- Antibacterial component metronidazole fights against anaerobic bacteria that provoke inflammation, the antiseptic chlorhexine achieves an antimicrobial effect, and the state of lactobacilli, which make up the natural bacterial environment, remains invariably stable.
- In addition, the composition of the gel is supplemented. excipients: propylene glycol, sodium saccharin, carbomer, menthol, sodium edetate and purified water.
Metrogil Denta: indications for use
- An example of such an infectious inflammatory disease is trichomoniasis, amoebiasis or leishmaniasis.
- The medicine is intended exclusively for use in the field of dentistry.
- He successfully copes with pulpitis, with many varieties of gingivitis (acute, chronic, edematous, ulcerative necrotic, etc.), periodontitis, stomatitis, periodontitis, alveolitis, etc.
- It is also recommended to reduce the discomfort caused by the installation of dentures, as a preventive measure against inflammation after tooth extraction.
Method of application of Metrogil Dent gel
- Treatment is carried out by applying a gel to the affected area of the gum (from the outside and inside) twice a day after preliminary cleaning of the oral cavity from saliva and mucus.
- You can apply the gel with a clean finger or a cotton swab, or sticks. After treatment, it is necessary to refrain from eating food for at least 3 hours, and not less than half an hour - from fluid intake.
Metrogil Denta is an effective treatment for stomatitis, since it not only works to destroy microbes and bacteria, but also relieves pain and inflammation. Application - only as directed by the doctor, as individual contraindications are possible.
Strict adherence to the instructions for use of the gel will help to achieve the maximum effect without the occurrence of side effects. The duration of treatment on average is about 10 days.
And be sure to remember that the main condition for quality treatment and prevention is compliance with hygiene rules, daily brushing, and, if necessary, the use of special means for rinsing the mouth.
Contraindications Metrogil Dent
Cases of drug overdose and possible consequences are not recorded. Undesirable effects may include the appearance of a metallic taste on the tongue, the presence of a headache, and some allergic reactions in the form of itching, urticaria, or skin rash.
Contraindication for the use of Metrogil Dent are hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to any of the components that make up the drug.
- It is not particularly desirable to use the gel during pregnancy and lactation, only with the permission of the attending physician, and under his supervision.
Dent Metrogil should be combined with caution with certain drugs, in particular with Warfarin and its analogues from the group of coumarin anticoagulants.
- The same applies to disulfiram (possible neurological side effects), phenobarbital and phenytin, which reduce the effectiveness of the gel due to accelerated metabolic processes, cytomethidine, which can increase the amount of metronidazole in the coagulated blood fraction.
Metrogil Denta Gel is sold in 20 g tubes, one each in a cardboard box. Shelf life is 3 years. It is released without a prescription. The average cost of one package is about 200 r. Today, the price range of the drug ranges from 188 to 229.7 p.