Nuts, along with vegetables, fruits, honey and herbs are considered the most healthy foods. Each of their varieties is a storehouse of healthy minerals and vitamins. They contain unsaturated fats, without which the functionality of our body will be impaired. Nuts are especially useful for vegetarians and raw foodists. For adherents of these nutritional systems, nuts are one of the main sources of protein.
The vitamins and minerals contained in nuts can improve the state of the nervous system and the functioning of the brain. Thanks to these products, memory and attention are improved.Nuts are rich in vitamin E, which removes excess cholesterol from the body and protects blood vessels from cholesterol plaques.
- This vitamin is very useful for the elderly. It helps prevent the development of senile dementia.
- For people watching their figure, it will be useful to know that with the help of nuts you can satisfy your hunger. In order not to make snacks with harmful buns and sandwiches, just eat a handful of nuts
- You need to eat nuts regularly to prevent breast cancer. The composition of these products includes omega-3 fatty acids. Which are an excellent antioxidant and able to fight cancer cells.
- Due to the small amount of carbohydrates, nuts are low-calorie foods. They can be eaten even by people with diabetes
- Nuts have beneficial effects on the reproductive system. They regulate the menstrual cycle in women and relieve pain during menstruation. And men must thank the nuts for their "strength." By their potency benefits, nuts are second only to honey. That is why a mixture of these products is considered a natural "Viagra"
Useful properties of almondsIn our "nut rating" almonds take an honorable second place
- People have been using the gifts of nature in the form of nucleoli of this nut for a very long time. Almonds are even mentioned in the Bible. The beneficial properties of this nut are not in doubt. Although originally, they were used only to satisfy hunger and give dishes a refined taste
- Almonds have a rather high content of B vitamins. That is why this nut is indicated for a weakened immune system. Also, this nut has a lot of vitamin E - a natural antioxidant that can reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular and oncological diseases.
- Almonds are also rich in their mineral composition. It contains calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and zinc. Like walnuts, almonds have a lot of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Thanks to them, almonds can be used in a diet aimed at lowering cholesterol.
- There is also evidence that the compounds that make up this nut can lower blood sugar. Almonds have proven beneficial in urolithiasis
- Regular use of this nut will help to clean the blocked channels of the liver and spleen. To combat intestinal disorders, almond milk is used (powdered walnut kernels mixed with water)
- Almonds are shown to people engaged in mental work to maintain brain activity.
- Almonds are also used in cosmetology. This nut is used to make oil that has beneficial effects on the skin and has regenerative functions.
- Face masks, which include this oil, can prolong the youthfulness of the skin. Various anti-dandruff preparations are made on the basis of almond oil.
- Marzipan is made from almonds, which is used in cooking for decorating cakes and other confectionery
Benefits of PeanutsPeanuts have high nutritional properties
- Like all other nuts (peanuts are certainly not quite nuts), it is very nutritious. The linoleic and arachidonic acids in its composition are not synthesized in our body. But, getting from outside, help him lower cholesterol and cleanse the vessels of atherosclerotic plaques
- The composition of peanuts includes vitamins such as D, E and PP. They help to cope with cancer cells in the body and improve the immune system. Minerals such as phosphorus, sodium, selenium and manganese from the composition of this nut are used by our organisms for some important processes.
- Research in favor of peanuts is associated with the name of George Carver. This American microbiologist has discovered many properties of peanuts. He was a popularizer of peanuts and invented many recipes and medicines based on this nut.
- Due to the presence of a large amount of antioxidants, peanuts can be used to combat aging. Vitamins D3 and A, which are part of peanuts, improve the body's resistance to viruses and infections
- With the help of peanuts, you can remove nervous excitability, increase muscle tone, improve the condition of memory and hearing and accelerate cell renewal. Peanuts are used to prevent diseases of the stomach and liver
- Of course, if you do not abuse other foods at the same time
- Roasted peanuts contain a minimum amount of nutrients. Therefore, they need to eat in moderation
- This can cause stomach and intestinal problems. And there will be practically no benefit from using such a nut
Useful properties of Brazil nutsLike some representatives on this list, a Brazil nut is not exactly a nut.
- In botany, the fruit of Bertolite is considered a grain. Although in its appearance, structure and taste, it is a real nut. Nobody managed to get the Brazil nut "in captivity" so far. He is collected in the jungle of Bolivia (and not Brazil at all) and sent around the world. On the palate this nut resembles our domestic pine nuts
- Brazil nut is 70% fat. Half of which are polyunsaturated. So, with the help of this nut you can fight bad cholesterol
- Also in the Brazil nut 18 amino acids. And among them there are those that are not synthesized by our body and therefore are extremely important
- Brazil nut flavonoids have antioxidant activity and can reduce the risk of oncology and premature aging. This product is useful for treating male infertility. For women, substances from the Brazil nut can prolong their reproductive age.
- This nut is extremely important for children, as it activates the synthesis of growth hormone.
- There is a small amount of aflotoxin in the Brazil nut. This substance can cause liver cancer. Do not use this nut for hypertension and food allergies
Walnut Properties and ApplicationsMost nutritionists consider walnuts to be the most healthy among all types of nuts.
- The beneficial properties of this food product have been used by humans for a very long time. From walnut produce natural wound healing and anti-inflammatory drugs. The shell is used to combat skin diseases, and the septum for the treatment of the thyroid gland
- Walnuts contain many vitamins A, C, PP and group B. And also such beneficial substances as cobalt, salts of iron, potassium and magnesium
- A fifth of walnuts is vegetable protein. Therefore, they are very useful for people who decide to refuse food of animal origin. But, the main benefit of walnuts is not protein at all. They contain a very large amount of vegetable fats. They are represented by polyunsaturated compounds that are easily absorbed by the body.
- In order to help your immunity cope with viral infections, you need to eat five kernels of such nuts daily for one month.
- This kind of nuts has only one minus. They contain gluten. Therefore, they should not be given to small children and people who have an allergic reaction to this compound.
Which nuts are the most healthy?
- Unambiguously answer the question of which nuts are the most healthy. It all depends on what purpose they are used for and who uses them. For example, for a child, one type of nuts is more useful, and for an adult, another
- A person engaged in physical labor should “lean” on pistachios more, and peanuts and hazelnuts are more suitable for improving mental work.
- The most healthy nuts for women are walnuts. This nut contains substances that reduce the risk of developing breast cancer.
- To prevent this terrible disease, it is enough to eat 50 g of these nuts daily. To enhance the effect, they can be mixed with honey.
- But, representatives of a strong half of humanity should not neglect almonds. This kind of nuts can cleanse blood vessels and strengthen the heart. That is, to reduce the risk of developing diseases that affect men more
- For children, hazelnuts will be useful. But, you need to remember that before three years, it is better not to give these nuts to the child. The thing is that in his body a system has not yet fully formed that is able to digest vegetable proteins from hazelnuts
- In addition, in hazelnuts, however, as in any other nuts, there are a lot of allergens. Therefore, even at an older age they must be used with caution
Hazelnuts and hazelnuts: beneficial propertiesHazelnuts, which many simply call hazelnuts, are also a rich source of protein.
- In addition, hazelnuts have a balanced vitamin composition and can strengthen the body. The composition of this nut includes potassium and calcium. These minerals strengthen the heart and blood vessel walls.
- Vitamin E, which is part of a hazelnut, along with magnesium, iron and zinc, helps the immune system cope with the functions assigned to it. Hazelnuts are effective in controlling anemia. Therefore, it is often recommended to eat after heavy operations and diseases.
- Hazelnut contains paclitaxel. This substance has an anti-cancer effect. It prevents the division of cancer cells.
- Peanut butter masks are used to strengthen hair. Hazelnut is indicated for women who are breastfeeding. The thing is that the substances contained in hazelnuts activate the production of breast milk. With the help of hazelnuts, you can improve the hormonal background of the body. Due to which it is often used in the treatment of infertility associated with insufficient production of necessary hormones
- If you use hazelnuts instead of harmful snacks, then you can not be afraid of extra pounds. Hazelnuts contain compounds that dissolve kidney stones. For athletes, hazelnut is useful for stimulating muscle growth and reducing the risk of varicose veins.
- Among the disadvantages of hazelnuts, it should be noted its ability to cause allergic reactions and possible upset stomach when eating an excessive amount of this nut
In the early 70s of the last century, scientists announced the discovery of a very useful substance, with which you can deal with numerous ailments. This substance turned out to be hazelnut oil.The composition of this product includes a huge amount of compounds necessary for humans.
- It has a lot of vitamin C and E. Thanks to which, hazelnut oil can be used to normalize blood pressure and bones.
- Hazelnut oil contains a lot of monounsaturated fatty acids (oleic, linoleic, palmic, etc.) that help lower blood cholesterol. According to this indicator, this oil is a leader among analogues
- Oil made from hazelnuts has regenerative and wound healing functions. Thanks to what, it can be used to combat acne and the prevention of skin diseases. This product is also used as hair masks. It can be added to balm shampoos
- Hazelnut oil is also widely used in cosmetology. With its help, you can protect the skin from frostbite and the scorching sun. To combat age-related wrinkles, this oil is evenly applied to the face, neck and décolleté 2-3 times a week. Forest oil is quickly absorbed and protects the skin from age-related changes
- The vascular mesh on the cheeks can be eliminated by using hazelnut oil mixed with a few drops of lemon, cypress or lime oil
- This product is also used to remove toxins and parasites from the body. To do this, take it one teaspoon before meals twice a day.
- Hazelnut oil contains paclitaxel. This compound is used for the prevention and control of cancer.
Manchurian walnut: beneficial propertiesManchurian walnut is a close relative of walnut
- It grows in the Far East, the Korean Peninsula and parts of Mongolia and China. This type of nut is used in traditional medicine and cooking. Natural colors of black and brown are made from its shell
- Manchurian nut is more than half composed of nutritious oils. It has a lot of vitamin C and other compounds useful to humans. Thanks to them, this type of nut has a wound healing, antifungal and analgesic effect. Using the leaves of Manchurian walnut, they purify the air and fill it with useful compounds
- To relieve spasms, stop bleeding, and as a diuretic use tincture of Manchurian walnut. It can also be used to cleanse the body of parasites and enhance immunity.
- Tincture on this type of nut is prepared as follows. 40-50 nuts are taken and crushed to the desired state using a grater. The mass is placed in a glass container and poured with a liter of vodka or moonshine. Then the container must be tightly closed and placed in a dark place for 5 weeks. Then it must be filtered and consumed as intended. To enhance the effect in this tincture, you can add honey
In traditional Chinese medicine, an extract from the peel of this nut is used to treat certain types of cancer.
- For the treatment of skin diseases, oil from Manchurian walnut is used. Its internal use can stop the growth of tumors, reduce the number of pathogenic bacteria and microbes. In addition, it activates the metabolism and improves the composition of the skin. In order to achieve this effect, you need to use this oil 1 teaspoon twice a day 20-30 minutes before meals
- External use of this oil is indicated for purulent rashes, boils, lichens, calluses and foot fungus. For gum problems, Manchurian oil can be diluted with water and used for rinsing.
- Manchurian walnut is eaten raw, dried and fried. But, due to the small proportion of the kernel applied, this is not done as often as walnuts. In cooking, it is used in the production of halva, added to various fruit and vegetable salads
Nutmeg: beneficial propertiesNutmeg is widely used as a seasoning for meat and sweet dishes.
There is even evidence that this product has the properties of an aphrodisiac. But it turns out that this popular spice has great benefits for the body.Some are even sure that with the help of nutmeg, some medications can be replaced.
Nutmeg is not just a popular spice. With it, you can enhance the aroma and taste of food. Moreover, getting into the body, nutmeg can improve digestion. In Dutch and Flemish cuisine, nutmeg is an essential ingredient in all pasta dishes. In England it is impossible to imagine eating oranges without sprinkling citrus fruits with this spice, and in Italy practically all vegetable stews are seasoned with nutmeg.
IMPORTANT: If you want to enjoy this spice in full, then buy whole nuts and grind them on a special grater immediately before cooking.
- Nutmeg contains folic acid, vegetable and essential oils. Rich in vitamin and macronutrient composition of this type of nuts
- Nutmeg astringents are used in remedies for indigestion. In addition, this product has antibacterial properties and is able to strengthen the immune system.
- If you regularly eat dishes that include nutmeg, you can activate brain activity, reduce the effects of senile dementia and memory loss
- This type of nuts helps with erectile dysfunction in men and some diseases of the female genitourinary system. Apply nutmeg as a remedy for arthritis and osteochondrosis
- Compounds included in this spice such as elemicin and myristicin have a hallucinogenic effect. Therefore, excessive use of this nut can cause a feeling of intoxication and euphoria.
- Symptoms of an overdose include dry mouth, headache, and redness of the eyes. Use this spice in moderation
Pecan: useful properties
In our country, pecans are not uncommon. Although not as common as other types of nuts. In appearance, pecans resemble walnuts. But, it has an elongated shape and it does not have partitions traditional for walnuts.By its chemical composition, this type of nuts will give odds to everyone else.
Pecan has a soft, pleasant taste and is used raw or when baking various pies.
This nut contains a large amount of vegetable protein. This protein has a large amino acid composition and is easily absorbed by the body. Pecans can be used as healthy snacks. They are very nutritious and able to reduce appetite. Thanks to such healthy snacks, you can significantly reduce the daily amount of calories consumed.
You can also use this type of nuts to cleanse your intestines. 100 grams of pecan contains half the daily fiber requirement.
These nuts have other beneficial qualities:
- Help with vitamin deficiency
- Reduce bad cholesterol
- Reduce Chronic Fatigue
- Remove toxins and toxins from the body
- They contain antioxidants that fight aging.
- Increase male strength and testosterone synthesis
- Increase hemoglobin
- Improve the structure of skin, hair and nails
Pecans are used to make pecans for external use against insect bites and sunburn. This type of nut can also help in the fight against fungal diseases.
- With the external use of pecans, you can get rid of many skin problems: fungal diseases, sunburn, insect bites. Masks with chopped nuts rejuvenate, nourish and moisturize the skin
- Pecans do not contain carcinogens and GMOs. But, due to the large amount of vegetable fat they quickly deteriorate. Therefore, they must be stored in the refrigerator.
- Excessive consumption of these nuts may cause a rash, headache and disruption of the gastrointestinal tract
Properties of Pine NutPine nuts are a valuable nutritious product that is absorbed by our body almost 100%
- The composition of pine cone nuts contains a lot of polyunsaturated fatty acids, including linoleic
- Pine nuts also contain all the amino acids our body needs. This nut is especially rich in arginine. This amino acid is very important for children and adolescents, as it helps a growing body. Arginine-based supplements use weightlifters to build muscle
- Vitamins P and E are concentrated in the kernel of pine nuts. It is these vitamins that are sorely lacking for residents of large cities. Only three pine nuts can fill the daily need of the body for tocopherol
- Pine nuts are also rich in thiamine - a substance that regulates the oxidation of hydrocarbon metabolism products; riboflavin - is responsible for the formation and maintenance of body tissues; niacin is an important participant in the metabolism of fats in the body
- Pine nuts are indicated for reduced immunity, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and atherosclerosis. In terms of phosphorus, these nuts are superior to most plant foods.
Health benefits of cashew nuts
Another healthy nut from our rating is cashew. Like other nuts, cashew nuts can strengthen the immune system and improve brain function. With the help of this nut, the amount of bad cholesterol is reduced and the nervous system is restored. Many trace elements and cashew vitamins can strengthen blood vessels and normalize the functioning of the cardiovascular system.In Brazil, where these nuts come from, cashews are used to improve their sex life.
- Also, traditional medicine of this country uses these nuts to relieve headaches. Used by cashew for the treatment of hypertension, bronchial asthma and diabetes
- In India, a decoction is prepared from this nut, which is used as an antidote for the bites of some snakes. In some African countries, cashew nuts are used to prepare warts and treat skin dermatitis.
- Not so long ago, researchers from the Tokyo Institute of Medicine found in the composition of this nut substances that can strengthen tooth enamel and gums. Already now prototypes of toothpastes with substances extracted from cashews are being prepared
- Raw cashews can be quite dangerous. It's all about the resinous juice, which is located between the shell and the shell of this nut
- This juice includes cardola. A dangerous compound that gets on the skin causes a chemical burn. That is why nuts that have undergone special processing go on sale.
Also, the use of cashews can cause allergic reactions.
Black walnut: useful propertiesBlack walnut is the closest relative of walnut
- It grows in large quantities in South America, but it is not uncommon in the southern regions of our country. Black walnut kernels are practically not used for food. This type of nut has a very dense shell, which is difficult to break. But for the needs of medicine, this product is a valuable raw material.
- In the homeland of black walnut, an "elixir of life" is made from it. Tincture, with the help of which they fight against various ailments. It is used even for intoxication after a snakebite.
- The benefits of black walnut is a high content of nutrients. For example, unripe fruits contain 50 times more vitamin C than citrus fruits. This nut is also rich in polyunsaturated fats, bioflavonoids and tannins. Due to the large number of tannins, black walnut-based preparations are used to combat skin and mucous membrane lesions.
- The black nut owes the anti-influenza and antibacterial effect to the presence of such a compound as a juglone. Thanks to this substance, means based on this nut can be used to cleanse the intestines, liver and blood from various parasites. In addition, the juglone also has an antitumor effect.
- In folk medicine, an alcoholic solution of this nut is used to treat migraines, pain in joints and muscles. In some pharmacies, such an infusion can be bought without any problems. But, if you have the opportunity to get raw materials, it is better to make it yourself
- For medicinal purposes, black walnuts are harvested at the end of September. They must be immature. It was at this time that a lot of useful substances are concentrated in nuts of this species
- To prepare the tincture, you need to tightly lay the green nuts in a glass jar and pour it with vodka to the brim. Then it is necessary to tightly close the container and prevent air from entering inside. Such a remedy is infused for 2 weeks
- Take tincture three times a day before meals. Its amount and duration of the course depends on the disease. Tinctures begin with five drops and gradually increase the dosage. The maximum course is 12 months. Once a month you need to do a weekly stop
Pistachios: useful propertiesPistachios in China called nuts of happiness
- And not in vain. The benefits of these nuts to humans are enormous. They contain a large number of essential amino acids, polyunsaturated fats and other beneficial substances.
- Regular consumption of pistachios will reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease. These nuts are indicated for high cholesterol, low hemoglobin, and low vision.
- Pistachios have a good effect on sexual function. They activate blood flow in the genital area and can be used as an aphrodisiac
- Pistachios are useful for those who spend a lot of time at the computer. These nuts include lutein. This compound not only restores vision, but also absorbs the harmful blue part of the spectrum of the light flux
In addition, these nuts improve the functioning of the liver, stomach, intestines and respiratory system.
These nuts are indicated for tachycardia, excessive intellectual stress and increased fatigue.
Tips & Testimonials
Irina. I always try to use nuts when baking cakes and pies. Add to salads. You just have to try to use them as snacks.
Oksana. I read somewhere that in ancient times, walnuts were crushed and mixed with milk. With the help of such a “cocktail”, preparations were prepared to cleanse the body and improve its work. I like nuts very much. They need to be used more often for food.