What properties, besides invigorating, does coffee have? Can I have coffee at night, before training, analysis, ultrasound or fasting? Can a heart, kidneys, liver, stomach, head hurt due to coffee?
Coffee is a favorite fragrance drink with a pleasant bitter taste. It tones up, helps to wake up, energizes. What can I say, having a cup of coffee is a pleasure to talk with relatives and friends in the morning. Those who only occasionally indulge in a cup of coffee or "sit" tightly on it should know what specific effect the drink has on the body.
Is it true that coffee is aging?
How does coffee affect the aging process? There is no definite answer to it.
- According to one opinion, coffee lovers, that is, people who constantly drink more than 2 cups of an invigorating drink a day, cause inexorable damage to their own youth. The fact is that coffee accelerates metabolic processes in the body, creates a burden on the kidneys, has a diuretic property and helps to eliminate fluid from the body. As you know, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, slowing down regenerative processes leads to aging. The skin becomes dry, faded, loses elasticity, sags. Wrinkles appear on it. The condition of hair and nails is also getting worse. The whole body wears out faster.
- There is also a different opinion than the first, according to which coffee is recognized as a miraculous anti-aging drink because of its antioxidant properties. Coffee prevents the destruction of cells due to exposure to free oxygen radicals, which helps to maintain youth and health.
The abuse of coffee leads to aging of the body.
IMPORTANT: If you want to look young, you don’t have to give up your favorite coffee at all. Drink 1-2 cups of drink per day. To compensate for the loss of fluid, after each cup it is recommended to drink 2 cups of mineral water.
Can I drink coffee before passing urine, blood, hCG, biochemistry and other tests?
Laboratory tests of urine and blood help determine any specific disease, and also determine the condition of individual systems of the body and the whole organism as a whole.
In order for the analyzes to be informative and truthful, they need to be prepared very carefully. For those who do not know how, it is better to consult a doctor.
An important place in this preparation is nutritional adjustment at least three days before analysis. Of course, we are talking about planned surrender, and not about that which is carried out during emergency hospitalization.
So, on the eve of the delivery of urine, a clinic and blood biochemistry, as well as analysis for sugar and hormones, it is recommended to refuse coffee. Some doctors urge you not to drink it 12 hours before the analysis, while others - 24 hours.
A tonic drink affects many vital signs of the body:
- urine color lightens due to stimulation of urine output
- urine increases the content of calcium salts, as well as magnesium, citrates and other substances
- blood sugar increases
- blood becomes thicker
- changes the hormonal background (affects the work of the pituitary gland, thyroid gland, adrenal glands, gonads)
IMPORTANT: Coffee does not affect the results of serological blood tests (blood type, HIV, syphilis, etc.).
Can I drink coffee before surgery?
Drinking water, carbonated and non-carbonated drinks, including coffee, is necessary no later than 2-3 hours before the operation under general anesthesia. Coffee with milk, which contains animal protein, can last be drunk 6-8 hours before surgery. This ban is explained by the fact that under the influence of central anesthetics the muscles of the surgical patient relax, the brain loses control over many vital functions, including swallowing. If the liquid drunk before the operation does not have time to assimilate and remains in the stomach, it may be released into the respiratory tract, causing the patient to suffocate.
IMPORTANT: Is it worth it to drink coffee on the eve of the operation in general? American scientists today are inclined to believe that a cup of a fragrant invigorating drink without sugar and milk a couple of hours before the invasion will not only prevent, but will also bring benefits. Especially for those patients who have caffeine addiction. Lack of caffeine in them after surgery under anesthesia is fraught with headache and increased melancholy syndrome
Is it possible to drink coffee before an ultrasound of the organs, kidneys?
Before conducting an ultrasound of the kidneys and abdominal organs, the doctor should advise the patient about what preparation for the study he needs to conduct. One of the important points of this preparation is diet.
- Three days before the procedure, the patient should exclude products from the diet that increase gas formation in the intestine. Due to flatulence, the internal organs are poorly visualized, this prevents the doctor from conducting an accurate examination.
- So, before an ultrasound, you can’t eat: legumes, peas, beans, corn, raw vegetables and fruits, any kind of cabbage, milk and fatty dairy products, any kefir, sugar, sweets, fried and greasy.
- Also, some drinks fall under the ban: alcohol, soda, milk tea, black coffee and milk.
- The ultrasound itself is performed on an empty stomach. Sometimes the doctor asks the patient to fill the bladder. But not coffee or tea, but 500 ml of still mineral water.
For three days preceding an ultrasound of the kidneys and abdominal organs, coffee is excluded from the diet.
IMPORTANT: To obtain objective ultrasound results, coffee should be discarded for 3 days.
VIDEO: About the most important: Coffee
Can pulse increase, heart ache from coffee? Can coffee increase or decrease blood pressure?
If a person suffers from hypertension or heart disease, doctors strongly recommend that he give up coffee and other caffeinated drinks. Here's the thing:
- It is proved that one cup of a tonic drink per day does not harm the heart. After it, blood pressure rises by one fraction, with no changes in well-being. This increase in pressure slows the heart rate, that is, the pulse.
- But! After the second, third and subsequent cups, the pulse begins to rise, the person feels a heartbeat.
- Regular consumption of more than 2-3 cups of coffee daily increases the likelihood of developing heart diseases, a common symptom of which is pain.
Excessive consumption of coffee harms the human cardiovascular system.
IMPORTANT: From one cup of coffee, an increase in heart rate and heart pain in a person should not occur. But if you drink it regularly and a lot, and combine it with smoking, problems with the cardiovascular system are provided.
Hypotensives can somewhat improve their condition with a cup of aromatic natural coffee. But to consider a drink as a cure for low pressure and regularly they "cure" in any case is impossible.
Can there be heartburn from coffee? Can coffee make me feel sick?
Coffee can make you sick if:
- Drink it on an empty stomach. The drink stimulates the production of gastric juice and disrupts the process of protein breakdown in the stomach. As a result, bloating, gastritis, and inflammatory bowel diseases may develop. A person may experience nausea.
- Drink low-quality coffee. Especially harmful are drinks like "3 in 1" with synthetic additives.
- A person has high blood pressure. Excessive consumption of coffee can provoke a jump in pressure, accompanied by nausea, dizziness and tinnitus.
IMPORTANT: An excess of hydrochloric acid due to fasting coffee can cause heartburn.
Can coffee hurt and make my head spin?
The causes of headache and dizziness after coffee are:
- Overwork. If a person is tired and tries to stimulate himself with a cup of strong coffee, the body can respond to him with a headache of overstrain.
- Narrowing of the vessels of the brain. Caffeine in large quantities can lead to vascular spasm, which causes the head to hurt.
- Hypertension. A cup of coffee on average raises blood pressure by 10 mmHg. Imperceptible to a healthy person. But for hypertension, such a jump in pressure is fraught with headache, dizziness and nausea.
- Raising blood sugar. Then the body expends tremendous power on the production of insulin, as a result of overstrain. After a few cups of coffee, a person may have a headache.
- Withdrawal syndrome. In caffeine-dependent people, headache and dizziness may occur 6-12 hours after drinking a cup of coffee when caffeine ceases to function.
IMPORTANT: Meanwhile, a cup of coffee is an excellent remedy for migraines.
Can a stomach, pancreas, stomach hurt from coffee? Could there be constipation or diarrhea from coffee?
Drinking coffee on an empty stomach, as mentioned above, stimulates the production of gastric juice, in particular hydrochloric acid. As a result, the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract is irritated, the process of digestion is disturbed. There are pains in the abdomen, stomach, intestines.
It turns out that just one cup of coffee is a mild laxative that can help a person suffering from constipation, but frequent use of an invigorating drink on an empty stomach is fraught with indigestion and diarrhea.Coffee on an empty stomach harms the stomach, liver, and pancreas.
If you drink coffee food, drink a drink immediately after eating, the following is observed: the caffeine received by the body leads to muscle contraction and the rapid passage of food through the gastrointestinal tract. She does not have time to digest, all the useful substances necessary for the body are not absorbed. There is a urge to defecate.
IMPORTANT: So that coffee does not harm the digestive tract, it is recommended to drink it one hour after eating.
Poor coffee or its frequent use also negatively affects the state of the pancreas, which intensively produces enzymes, thus destroying itself. With pancreatitis, coffee consumption should be reduced to a minimum, with acute pancreatitis - completely excluded.In small quantities, coffee will relieve constipation, in large quantities it will cause diarrhea.
Can kidneys, liver from coffee hurt?
Coffee removes fluid from the body, thereby overloading the kidneys. Their inflammation may occur - pyelonephritis. And in combination with milk, this drink leads to the formation of insoluble substances deposited in the kidneys by sand and stones.
The tonic drink affects the liver in two ways:
- coffee, on the one hand, protects the liver from the effects of ethanol in alcohol and fat
- on the other hand, sublimated coffee destroys hepatocytes, and in combination with fatty foods and alcohol turns into a real poison for the liver
Can there be swelling of the legs, hands, face from coffee?
Since coffee does not retain fluid in the body, but removes it, in fact edema cannot occur from it. But swelling of the legs, hands, and face can be a symptom of impaired venous outflow or heart disease caused by abuse of caffeinated drinks.Coffee alone does not cause swelling.
Can there be acne from coffee?
- Caffeine in coffee has an invigorating effect on the body through stimulation of the production of the hormone cortisol.
- An excess of this hormone causes increased oily skin.
- Sebum is a favorable environment for bacteria, which cause inflammation and acne.
A person abusing coffee may have acne and start to lose hair.
IMPORTANT: Acne also reacts to chemicals in instant coffee bags.
Can hair fall out due to coffee?
Because of abuse, coffee can begin to lose its appearance and hair loss. Caffeine contributes to spasm of the vessels of the scalp, which causes deterioration in the blood supply of hair follicles. Hair rods and roots do not receive oxygen and nutrients in the right amount, which makes them dull, weaken and strew.
Can coffee cause allergies?
The composition of coffee includes chlorogenic acid - a strong allergen. The reaction to the drink can occur from the first cup or cumulative (gradual allergization of the body), as well as against the background of an acute illness, taking antibiotics, exposure to other allergens.
Most often, skin allergies (rash with itching, redness of the skin), less often respiratory (sneezing, coughing, rhinitis) and digestive (flatulence, diarrhea) begin on coffee.
The diagnosis is confirmed by an allergotest. An allergy sufferer will need to refuse coffee, as well as relieve the condition by taking antihistamines and symptomatic agents.Coffee Allergy.
Can I drink coffee before bed?
Coffee affects a person’s sleep, as:
- Contains caffeine. This substance has an invigorating effect on the brain and the body as a whole. A person who drinks coffee occasionally will have difficulty falling asleep due to a cup of drink. A coffee man with experience who has become addicted to caffeine will not encounter problems with sleep.
- Diuretic effect. After coffee, you may want to use the toilet “a little”, which will prevent you from falling asleep or wake up at night.
- Stimulation of the production of gastric juice. The desire to eat, arising after coffee, will also interfere with a good sleep.
Therefore, it is recommended to drink coffee no later than 2-3 hours before you go to bed.Coffee before bed can cause insomnia.
VIDEO: Useful properties of coffee. How many cups can I drink per day? Doctor's advice
Can I drink coffee before training?
Since coffee energizes and regains strength, it seems to many that after a cup of a drink, endurance in training will increase. But this is not so:
- at "high speeds" the body quickly depletes
- coffee and physical activity in the complex create too much stress on the cardiovascular system, tachycardia and jumping pressure will interfere with exercise
- during exercise after coffee, the body will lose too much fluid
IMPORTANT: Drink coffee 3 hours before or 2 hours after training.
Can I drink coffee before the exam?
A serving of caffeinated drink before the exam will help to be collected and concentrated, as a result, show a good result.
But a sleepless night and 5-7 cups of coffee drunk will not lead to anything good: the examinee will come to the teacher with a headache, nervous and physical exhaustion.
Is it possible to drink coffee before the sacrament, confession?
Coffee is a plant product, so it is not forbidden before confession or fasting. Another thing is that these days it is necessary to be restrained, and not to abuse either this drink or anything else.
Before communion, coffee and all other food products are prohibited.