Benefits, uses and methods to distinguish fake Himalayan salt.
Pink Himalayan salt appeared a long time ago, about 5000 years ago. About it became known from Chinese doctors who were involved in the treatment of this salt and therefore knew about the healing properties. In this article we will talk about this miracle of medicine.
Where is pink Himalayan salt mined?
The most interesting thing is that now this salt is a kind of fashionable trend among fans of proper nutrition. This is due to the fact that many residents are trying to abandon ordinary table salt, replacing it with more wholesome foods. The fact is that in the composition of ordinary table salt contains only sodium chlorine, that is, one salt. The Himalayan salt is saturated with a variety of minerals, as well as acid residues and salts, which makes it as useful as possible.
The most interesting thing is that it has a very mediocre relationship to the Himalayas, since they mine it in Pakistan, in the Punjab, which is 300 km from the Himalayas. Salt itself was formed from sea water, which was located on the site of deposits even in the time of the Jurassic period. That is, it was more than 250 million years ago. In addition, pink salt is also mined in Utah in the United States, Chile, Peru, Australia and Bolivia, Poland, and Hawaii. But on sale no one calls it pink salt, and they write the name - Himalayan. Even though it was mined far from the Himalayas.Pink salt
Composition and benefits of Himalayan salt
The composition of this salt differs significantly from ordinary table salt. The composition contains 86% sodium chlorine, the remaining 14% is more 88 minerals, including potassium, calcium, iodine, bromine, zinc and iron. At the same time, salt is very well absorbed and does not cause serious consequences, like ordinary sodium chlorine. The composition may vary significantly, depending on the place of production.
Useful properties of pink Himalayan salt:
- Helps improve bowel and stomach
- Improves blood circulation, as well as the state of blood vessels
- Removes fatty plaques and breaks down bad cholesterol
- Helps establish electrolytic balance in the body, and also normalizes pH
- Prevents acidification or alkalization of the body, including the brain
- Improves blood pressure, normalizes it
- Eliminates both hypotension and hypertension
- Helps to cope with the hormonal background. Normalizes it and balances it.
- Regulates the content of beneficial components in the blood
- Himalayan salt removes toxins, and also improves the excretion of harmful substances from the body
- It helps to establish the thyroid gland, because it contains a lot of iodine
- Heals the gall bladder and kidneys
- Saturates the body with minerals and trace elements
Ways to use pink Himalayan salt
- Pink salt is used in absolutely the same way as table salt. It is added to dishes, but in lower concentrations. It is worth recalling that the composition still contains 86% sodium chlorine, but, in addition, other useful components that help improve the condition of the body.
- In addition to oral administration, pink salt can also be used externally. To do this, they usually make warm baths with the dissolution of 150 g of salt in half the water in the bathtub. It is necessary to lie in this water, which will help get rid of painful joints. In addition, this bath helps to improve metabolism, and also allows you to lose some weight. With this solution, you can cure acne, acne, psoriasis and other skin diseases. Very often, such baths, as well as wiping the face with a cosmetic salt solution, can get rid of many problems. Such a solution cleanses the skin, makes it more elastic.
- In addition, scrub can be made from pink Himalayan salt. To do this, it is mixed with peach or coffee. It is also possible to use sugar or oatmeal. When mixed with salt and adding a small amount of water, the mixture is applied to problem areas. This allows you to remove dead cells, and also improves the condition of the skin in those places where there is cellulite.
- Himalayan salt can easily be used to treat some common diseases, such as SARS. Helps to cope with dry cough, runny nose, with this solution you can rinse your nose with sinusitis, as well as rhinitis. It is necessary to dissolve a teaspoon in a glass of warm water for manipulation and rinse the nose with the resulting solution. For this, part of the solution of one nostril is usually drawn in, spitted out through the mouth. The same manipulation is carried out from the second nostril.
How to check the salt for naturalness?
In addition, such salt is often faked, because now the demand for this product is very large. For this, ordinary sea salt is tinted with a dye, and sometimes not food, but harmful to the body.
- To do this, it is necessary to dissolve a pinch of salt in warm water, and observe the contents of the glass. If the salt is real, then the solution will be transparent.
- In a fake solution you will see flakes, as well as turbidity. Pay attention to the color of the crystals themselves. In no case should they be bright pink. Basically they are painted in a slightly beige-pink color, without much brightness.
- Crystals are color not dyes, but iron oxide, as well as potassium. It is they who color the salt in slightly pinkish shades.
- To determine the fake, you need to pay attention to the country of manufacture. Pink Himalayan salt can be produced either in Pakistan or in India. Also in the markets you can find salt from the Crimea and Chile.
- Indeed, pink salt is also present in these regions, but it is not Himalayan. They are somewhat different in composition.
- Many say that Himalayan salt can be tested by dissolving in water. If it is painted in a bright pink color, be sure that the composition contains a dye.
Pink food Himalayan salt - how to distinguish a fake?
In addition, you can see the composition on the package. If the manufacturer is honest, then most likely the true composition will be indicated on the package. If you see ciphers there with the designations E, be sure that these are dyes. The composition should not be dyes or preservatives. Now there is a lot of advertising regarding the effectiveness of Himalayan salt for weight loss. However, this is actually just a marketing ploy.
Himalayan salt does not help to reduce weight, because the composition mainly contains sodium chlorine and a huge amount of minerals and trace elements. Therefore, even the amount of this liquid with dissolved salt is not only not good to take, but also harmful. The maximum amount that an adult can take per day of this salt is only 5 grams. In no case should you exceed the concentration, because it is fraught with diseases of the kidneys, as well as blood. Like any medicine, salt requires a certain dosage.
How to recognize a fake when evaporating water?
- There are several other ways you can define a fake. To do this, dissolve the Himalayan salt in hot water. For about 100 ml of water, you will need a tablespoon of Himalayan salt. The mixture must be warmed up to complete dissolution.
- Now put it on the windowsill for a long time or you can speed up the process and evaporate all the moisture on the stove. As a result, you should have pink crystals at the bottom. If they are white, this indicates that you were brazenly deceived, and the composition was dye, and the most common table salt.
- Many will say that it makes no sense to buy Himalayan salt, because there is iodine in the purchased cookery. However, in fact, table salt is artificially saturated with synthetic iodine. Scientists say that this product is very poorly absorbed. There is no use in him.
- The Himalayan salt has completely natural components, which are obtained as a result of a thousand-year accumulation of rocks and saturation with minerals. Accordingly, such a product is more useful and will help get rid of a large number of diseases.
How to recognize a fake by the color of salt?
- Please note that the color of natural Himalayan salt is heterogeneous. It may be whitish in some crystals, and secondly, slightly darker, or vice versa, lighter. This is due to natural processes that occur in tectonic plates, from which salt deposits are directly mined.
- In nature, it does not happen that the entire layer is painted in one color. This is due to the fact that minerals do not accumulate in one place, but in different places. Experts say that Himalayan salt is mined manually and cannot be refined in any way.
- Due to this, the color of the crystals of the Himalayan salt can significantly differ from each other. Some may be completely white, but interspersed with dark brown colors.
In order to use the Himalayan salt for food, we advise you to purchase a small fraction or additionally grind in a coffee grinder. For bathing, and for the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, influenza, you can use coarse salt, it is also suitable.
Now the market has a huge amount of Himalayan salt from different manufacturers. However, not everyone sells natural products, but gives out for her the usual colored table salt. In order not to get into trouble, carefully read the packaging, and you can also purchase a small test portion, and conduct several tests with water and evaporation. Thus, you can distinguish a natural product from a fake.